Contributing around the world
The Macquarie Group Foundation provides support to community organisations globally each year through financial support, volunteering and skills sharing, predominantly in the locations in which Macquarie operates.
Our work is significantly influenced by the activities of Macquarie staff with a focus on capacity building within the community sector and increasing social and economic mobility.Watch video
The Macquarie Group Foundation’s community investment strategy is to encourage and support our staff to give back to the communities where they live and work, to support social innovation, and to strengthen the impact of non-profit organisations by funding capacity building and collaboration.
We focus on the communities where our staff are concentrated, so we can leverage staff time, expertise and networks for greater social impact.
Our key objectives are to:
- encourage Macquarie staff to contribute service, financial support and leadership to the community organisations they choose
- deepen the impact of the community organisations we work with, including advancing promising social innovation, by leveraging Macquarie people and resources
- build awareness of and staff pride in Macquarie’s approach to giving back to the communities in which it operates.
We seek to achieve these objectives by:
- supporting staff-led community activities through matching personal donations and fundraising efforts, volunteering and providing training and non-profit board financial incentives
- directing targeted funding (including capacity building and collaborative funding), and providing pro bono, volunteering and in-kind support
- profiling the community organisations supported and communicating the various ways Macquarie and staff effect positive change.
In the community: Video spotlights
Each year, outstanding staff contributions to the community are recognised through our Macquarie Staff in the Community Awards. Individual winners and team awardees receive $A10,000 to donate to the non-profit organisations they support while the office winner receives $A20,000. Highly Commended awards of $A2,000 are also given. Find out more about working at Macquarie