With a full suite of advisory and capital raising capabilities, we connect capital with opportunity for clients around the world. In addition to our core advisory and M&A offering, we provide a full spectrum of capital solutions including a comprehensive equity capital markets, debt capital markets and private capital markets platform and a dedicated Principal Investments team. This is backed by specialist project finance, financial sponsors and restructuring expertise.
Mergers & Acquisitions
Our Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) team combines structuring and advisory expertise with our international equity and debt capital market capabilities. Our team of global professionals delivers the highest quality advice in relation to M&A, divestments, takeover responses, debt and equity financing and capital management, restructuring and other strategic and financial matters.
In addition to advice, Macquarie Capital has a strong track record of investing alongside clients in support of their objectives to assist with transaction execution.
- Highest quality advice on a full range of M&A and related strategic and financial matters
- Deep understanding of our clients’ businesses and industry
- Develop innovative solutions to achieve our clients’ strategic objectives
- Strong track record of investing alongside clients in support of their objectives
Equity Capital Markets
Our Equity Capital Markets (ECM) team specialises in underwriting and advising companies seeking to raise capital, including initial listings on stock exchanges as well as follow on raisings for listed companies.
Our clients benefit from an experienced global group with outstanding structuring and advisory expertise. This expertise, combined with the international distribution and research capabilities of Macquarie Securities, and an extensive Australian and NZ retail network through Macquarie Private Wealth, maximises investor engagement, optimising the execution of capital raisings for our clients.
- Established track record in Australia, Asia and Canada
- Expanding presence and credentials in the United States, Europe and South Africa
- Ability to draw on our balance sheet strength to provide pre-IPO and underwriting support
- Leaders in hybrid capital raisings, equity linked securities and capital management activities
Debt Capital Markets
Our Debt Capital Markets (DCM) team is a specialist debt advisory team combining debt advisory services with debt capital markets and loan underwriting capabilities, providing clients with a full-service solution.
The team has a consistent record of delivering outstanding debt results across industries and transaction types, and has achieved successful outcomes in all financial and debt market conditions across the globe.
The DCM team also works as a potential lender, supporting the financing requirements of Macquarie Group clients.
- Established relationships with lenders and debt investors at all levels
- Access to the broader Macquarie network
- Well positioned to provide a superior outcome for each transaction
- Full range debt origination and distribution services in the US, with expertise across all bond and loan markets, and has established over 300 direct relationships with financial institutions from debt raising activities
- Dedicated debt professionals throughout Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and the UK
Our Principal team, with its entrepreneurial, specialised service, is a key aspect of our strategy. Our robust balance sheet allows us to invest to support our clients – a willingness that demonstrates our belief in the transactions we bring to our clients. As a principal we are also motivated to execute cleanly and quickly.
The team looks for opportunities to assist our clients to develop their businesses, including pre-IPO expansion capital, expansion capital for new products or new jurisdictions or re-financing and more efficient use of capital structure.
We also seek out opportunities to invest in companies with strong growth profiles and sustainable competitive advantages. We look at all parts of the capital structure including common and preferred equity, convertible bonds and mezzanine debt.
- Proven track record of providing capital to clients through the cycle
- Robust balance sheet that allows us to invest to support our clients
- Dedicated principal team who seek out transactions in which we can deploy our capital across a range of industry groups, structures and jurisdictions
Our Financial Sponsor Advisory team is dedicated to meeting the advisory and financing needs of the financial sponsor community. This focus has allowed the team to develop a specialist understanding of the issues and considerations relevant to its clients.
The team draws on the global strengths and capabilities of the broader Macquarie Capital group, including sector specialisation, creating an ability to provide deep connectivity to strategic players. This enables us to deliver unique acquisition and exit opportunities to clients and a full spectrum of advisory services, including M&A and restructuring advice and equity and debt capital markets capabilities.
The team provides a full range of services and the highest quality advice, adding value at every stage of the investment lifecycle.
- Acquisition services, including bidding strategy and committed acquisition financing
- Value realisation, including trade sale and public and private equity capital markets exits as well as recapitalisations
- Restructuring and special situations advisory
- An appetite for creative capital deployment, including balance sheet lending and co-investment
- Origination of proprietary ideas from the global Macquarie Capital network
Macquarie Capital is a global specialist in Project Finance and has been at the forefront of project financing on a wide range of projects for two decades.
In the years following the global financial crisis and despite the challenges it presented, our project finance team has remained a strong performer in the market. In 2014 the team advised on Freeport LNG, a liquefied natural gas terminal in Texas, the largest construction project financing in history.
We have specialist teams across the range of industries in which project finance is utilised including energy, utilities, power, oil and gas, transport, resources and social infrastructure projects. Our capabilities extend across the globe with a large team of specialists throughout North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Africa and the Middle East.
- A global specialist in project finance
- At the forefront of project financing for over a decade
- A strong performer, advising on Infrastructure Journal’s Global Renewables Deal of 2013
- Specialist team across a range of industries including energy, utilities, power, oil and gas, transport, resources and social infrastructure
Private Capital Markets
Macquarie Capital has a specialist capability working with institutional investors on private capital transactions across both debt and equity markets globally.
Our focus on institutional investors represents a unique approach, which combined with years of experience, results in a deep understanding of the needs and investment preferences of major investors globally, including superannuation funds, pension funds, endowments/foundations, sovereign wealth funds, insurers, private banks, family offices and fund managers.
We are well equipped to advise institutions with a variety of private capital market needs, including direct investment opportunities in all sectors, indirect investment opportunities in private capital transactions, tailored opportunities and advice on portfolio consideration.
- Specialist capability working with institutional investors
- Deep understanding of the needs and investment preferences of major investors
- Strong relationships globally, resulting in a strong understanding of both local markets and global capital flows
- Extensive network providing access to a large variety of investment opportunities at all levels of the capital structure
- Experience working with investors to develop creative solutions across a range of off-market transactions
- Integrated with sector teams to provide direct investment opportunities across all sectors
Restructuring & Special Situations
Our Restructuring and Special Situations group advises companies, their creditors and other stakeholders regarding balance sheet restructurings, corporate finance transactions, strategic alternatives, and mergers and acquisitions. Additionally, we have the ability to provide capital to invest with our clients in situations that are uniquely challenged or distressed from a financial or operational perspective.
Our team provides a full range of advisory services for debtors, creditors and other stakeholders. Our restructuring advisory services are provided in the context of early interventions, informal workouts, out-of-court restructurings and formal bankruptcy proceedings.
- Focus, flexibility and specialisation of a client-oriented restructuring business backed by the strength and resources of a global platform
- Full range of restructuring advisory services for debtors, creditors and prospective investment partners
- Alignment with Macquarie Capital's industry groups, providing deep sector expertise and operational insight
- Extensive global corporate finance capabilities