Central to the success of Macquarie Group is our commitment to our clients. We honour without reservation our obligation to respect and protect the personal data of individuals with whom we deal.
The personal data we collect and hold
Whenever it is reasonable and practical to do so, we collect personal data about you directly from you. In some cases, we collect personal data from third parties including public sources, our related companies, referrers, brokers, agents, your adviser(s) and our service providers including credit reporting bodies and data service providers.
The personal data we collect and hold about you include but is not limited to the following:
- information on the products and services we provide or have provided to you;
- your financial interests and sometimes your financial position, if you are a customer or potential customer of ours;
- your name, contact details and identification information (including government-issued identification numbers);
- records of our interactions with you, including by telephone, email and online;
- your enquiries or complaints;
- your images, where they are captured by us via CCTV cameras while you are within our premises, or via photographs or videos taken by us when you attend events we host;
- information about your affiliation with certain organisations such as professional associations.
If you provide us with any personal data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your customers, spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to you providing us with their personal data for the respective purposes.
You should ensure that all personal data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products and services you have requested for.
Purposes for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data
Where you are a private customer of Macquarie Group, beneficial owner, security provider, appointed representative of any account with us, or an employee, director, shareholder, guarantor, agent or representative of an organisation that is a business banking customer or otherwise has a corporate relationship with Macquarie Group, we may collect, use and disclose your personal data for the following purposes:
- verifying your identity;
- opening, maintaining or closing of accounts and our establishing or providing banking services to the customer;
- assessing and processing any applications or requests made by the customer for products and services offered by Macquarie Group;
- evaluating the customer's financial and banking needs and providing recommendations as to the type of products and services suited to the customer's needs;
- facilitating the continuation or termination of the customer relationship or the daily operation of the services and facilities and providing customer servicing;
- ensuring the ongoing credit worthiness of customers;
- acting on and processing customer instructions;
- managing the administrative and business operations of the Macquarie Group and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- requesting feedback or participation in surveys, as well as conducting market research and/or analysis for statistical, profiling or other purposes for us to design our products, understand customer behaviour, preferences and market trends, and to review, develop and improve the quality of our products and services;
- maintain your contact details;
- administer and manage our products and services including monitoring, auditing, and evaluating those products and services;
- model and test data;
- responding to, processing and handling customer complaints, queries, requests, feedback and suggestions;
- facilitating business asset transactions (which may extend to any mergers, acquisitions or asset sales) involving any of the companies within Macquarie Group;
- fulfil our legal obligations under applicable laws, regulations and rules, codes of practice or guidelines such as those relating to taxation and Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing, and managing commercial risks;
- preventing, detecting and investigating crime, including fraud, including assisting in law enforcement and investigations by relevant authorities;
- managing the safety and security of our premises and services;
- in connection with any claims, actions or proceedings and/or protecting and enforcing our contractual and legal rights and obligations;
- any other purpose relating to any of the above.
In addition, where permitted under the Act, we may from time to time also collect, use or disclose your personal data to conduct market research, understand and analyse customer behaviour, location, preferences and demographics for us to inform you of investment opportunities or to provide information about products and services as well as special offers which may be relevant to your preferences and profile.
If you have provided your Singapore telephone number(s) and have indicated that you consent to receiving marketing or promotional information via your Singapore telephone number(s), then from time to time, we may contact you using such Singapore telephone number(s) (including via voice calls, text , fax or other means) with information about our products and services.
Disclosure of personal data
We do not sell personal data to other organisations, nor allow them to do this.
We may share personal for the purposes listed above (where applicable) to the following entities or parties, whether they are located overseas or in Singapore:
- related bodies corporate of Macquarie Group
- to service providers who provide services including but not limited to archival, auditing, finance, customer contact, legal, risk management, business consulting, banking, payment, delivery, data collection and processing, data analysis, information broking, mailing, marketing, research, investigation, insurance, identity verification, brokerage, maintenance, trustee, securitisation, website and technology services
- to your nominated financial adviser with your permission
- our professional advisers such as our auditors and lawyers
- credit reporting agencies
- counterparties and their respective banks in relation to fund transfers, payments, drawing of cheques, and other transactions
- relevant government regulators, government ministries, statutory boards or authorities and/or law enforcement agencies, whether local or overseas, including the Monetary Authority of Singapore, the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority, and the Insolvency and Public Trustee Office, to comply with any directions, laws, rules, guidelines, regulations, as well as to comply with listing and other requirements or directions of Singapore Exchange Limited and/or any other relevant securities exchange
Keeping information secure
We protect the personal data in our possession or our control by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. However, we cannot completely guarantee the security of any personal data we may have collected from or about you, or that for example no harmful code will enter our website (for example viruses, bugs, trojan horses, spyware or adware). You should be aware of the risks associated with using websites.
While we strive to protect your personal data, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us via the Internet or when you use our electronic banking services, and we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you use such platforms. We recommend that you change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, and ensure that you use a secure browser. To further protect your personal data, where you have an online account with us, your log-in session will automatically expire after a certain period of inactivity while you are logged in to your account.
If applicable, you undertake to keep your username and password secure and confidential and shall not disclose or permit it to be disclosed to any unauthorised person, and to inform us as soon as reasonably practicable if you know or suspect that someone else knows your username and password or believe the confidentiality of your username and password has been lost, stolen or compromised in any way or that actual or possible unauthorised transactions have taken place. We are not liable for any damages resulting from any security breaches, on unauthorised and/or fraudulent use of your username and password.
Dealing with Macquarie Group online
When you visit Macquarie Group websites you will browse anonymously unless you have logged into a client portal or accessed the website from a personalised communication from Macquarie Group.
Once you have logged into a Macquarie Group portal, accessed our website from an e-mail or other personalised communication sent to you or provided us with personal data by completing a form online, we may be able to identify you. If we have identified you, we may be able to link your identity to your previous anonymous browsing history and collect information about your possible future use of our websites, irrespective of how you access our sites (eg by clicking a link in an advertisement or from a third party website). In addition we may combine that information about your use of Macquarie Group websites with certain other online and offline information we have about you in order to tailor your online experience and provide you with further information. If you would prefer not to be identified you can delete the cookies and reconfigure the cookie preferences on your internet browser (see below).
A 'cookie' is a packet of information placed on a user's computer by a website for record keeping purposes. Cookies are generally used on Macquarie Group sites to:
- manage advertising - we use advertising companies to deliver our online advertising. When you see one of our ads on a third party website, cookies are sometimes used to collect anonymous information about what pages you visit and the type of software you are using
- monitor traffic- we use tracking companies to gather anonymous information about how people are using the Macquarie Group site, this information includes time of visit, pages visited, and some system information about the type of computer you are using. We use this information to enhance the content and services offered on the site
- collect identifiable information about your use of our websites - if we have identified you as a result of you logging into a Macquarie Group client portal or accessing our website from an e-mail or other personalised communication sent to you or providing us with personal data by completing a form online.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. (Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences).
- would like to obtain access and make corrections to your personal data records,
Please direct your enquiry to our Singapore Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by phone at +65 6601 0888. Please mark all personal data-related communications to the attention of our Singapore Data Protection Officer.
If you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your personal data, depending on the nature of your request, Macquarie Group may not be in a position to continue to provide its products or services to you, administer any contractual relationship in place, may also result in the termination of any agreements with Macquarie Group, and your being in breach of your contractual obligations or undertakings, and Macquarie Group’s legal rights and remedies in such event are expressly reserved.