The Macquarie Group Foundation is the philanthropic arm of Macquarie Group. We provide support to hundreds of community organisations globally each year through financial support, volunteering and skills sharing, predominantly in the locations in which Macquarie operates.
Our work is significantly influenced by the activities of Macquarie staff with a focus on capacity building within the community sector and increasing social and economic mobility. Read more about our approach below.
We have an employee-led approach to giving, supporting our passionate people to contribute service, financial support and leadership to community organisations they choose, in the communities where they live and work. This means we leverage their time, expertise and networks for greater social impact.
We provide funding in a number of ways, including:
• matching staff donations and fundraising
• providing grants to a community organisation with a Macquarie staff member on its board
• donating to a staff-nominated organisation for 10- and 25-year employee anniversaries
• financial awards to community organisations recognising outstanding Macquarie staff contributions
• making grants to organisations which meet our grants criteria (a small number of grants outside of these criteria may also be made at the Foundation’s discretion).
The majority of the Foundation’s grant funding is directed to organisations supporting social and economic opportunities for young people in the communities where we live and operate, with each region concentrating on issues with local relevance. We do this so we can achieve the most significant social impact.