Macquarie managed consortium of investors increase stake in innogy Grid Holding to 100%
Prague, 29 Apr 2019
A Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA) managed consortium of investors, which currently holds a 49.96 per cent stake in innogy Grid Holding (iGH), has exercised contractual pre-emption rights over the remaining 50.04 per cent stake currently owned by RWE. Upon completion, the consortium will own 100 per cent of iGH.
iGH is the owner of GasNet, a regulated gas distribution network in the Czech Republic, with 2.3 million connections and a network length of circa 65,000km.
Leigh Harrison, Head of MIRA Europe, Middle East and Africa, said: “GasNet provides an essential service within the Czech Republic’s energy sector. This investment represents an exciting opportunity for us to continue to support GasNet’s growth with long-term institutional capital. GasNet is a reliable and efficient network, and we are committed to ensuring it continues to meet the needs of its employees, customers, and the communities it serves.”
A MIRA-managed consortium of investors has been invested in iGH since 2013 and have previously increased their stake from 35.00 per cent to 49.96 per cent in 2015.The transaction is expected to reach financial close in the second half of 2019, subject to merger control proceedings.
Nicole Grove (London)
+44 77 6545 2193
Patrick Gallagher (London)
+44 77 9535 3820
About Macquarie Group
Macquarie Group Limited (Macquarie) is a diversified financial group providing clients with asset management and finance, banking, advisory and risk and capital solutions across debt, equity and commodities. Founded in 1969, Macquarie employs 14,869 people in 27 countries. At 30 September 2018, Macquarie had assets under management of £305.6 billion. For further information, visit www.macquarie.com
About Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets
Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA) is one of the world’s leading alternative asset managers. For more than two decades, MIRA has partnered with investors, governments and communities to manage, develop and enhance assets relied on by more than 100 million people each day. As at 30 September 2018, MIRA managed €111.4 billion in assets that are essential to the sustainable development of economies and communities, including; 148 portfolio businesses, ~400 properties and 4.5 million hectares of farmland.
MIRA is a part of Macquarie Asset Management, the asset management arm of Macquarie Group, a diversified financial group providing clients with asset management and finance, banking, advisory and risk and capital solutions across debt, equity and commodities. Founded in 1969, Macquarie employs 14,869 people in 27 countries. For further information, please visit www.MIRAFunds.com