Macquarie Capital Venture Studio announces commitments in three additional InfraTech companies
New York, 14 Dec 2018
- FreeWire, Mission Secure and T-REX join program’s second module
- Innovative, disruptive companies offer operational insight, new solutions
- Program provides specialist knowledge, networking, brand building strategy
Macquarie Capital Venture Studio (MCVS), a platform launched by Macquarie Capital and R/GA Ventures to drive innovation at the intersection of infrastructure and technology, today announced the addition of three companies – FreeWire Technologies, Mission Secure, Inc. (MSi) and T-REX Group, Inc. Each of these companies significantly increases efficiency, sustainability and efficacy across infrastructure and real assets. As part of MCVS, Macquarie Capital and R/GA will work with each business to accelerate the commercialization and deployment of their technologies.
MCVS will also leverage Macquarie Capital’s network for pilot projects, deployment opportunities and future investment. R/GA will develop and execute a product and brand assessment for each company and prepare them for future milestones, including pitching and business development.
The three additions to the studio named today include:
- FreeWire a leading manufacturer of mobile and flexible electric vehicle (EV) charging solutions and zero-emission, quiet mobile power for grid edge applications. Its products offer control over when power is used, stored and delivered, enabling new models for charging and management of EVs, alleviating utility infrastructure constraints, and providing power when noise and pollution are major constraints to operations.
- Mission Secure is a leading provider of control system cybersecurity to some of the world’s largest organizations in the defense, energy and transportation industries. The MSi Platform takes operational technology cybersecurity to all levels of control systems while maintaining the benefits of a networked environment that can be deployed and managed by a non-IT professional.
- T-REX is a leading provider of managed data services and analytical software for complex markets. A full investment lifecycle solution, T-REX combines sophisticated SaaS technology with big data and asset class expertise to drive down the cost of capital and reduce risk exposure for renewable energy and other esoteric asset classes. By empowering efficient, transparent finance in these markets, T-REX creates significant investment opportunities across $500 billion in new assets every year, benefitting developers, originators, investment banks, rating agencies, accounting firms and investors.
“We are excited to support FreeWire, MSi and T-REX with financial capital, access to our vast industry and investor network and specialist knowledge,” said Larry Handen, Head of Principal and Private Markets, Americas, Europe and Asia at Macquarie Capital. “Through the Venture Studio, we seek to unlock the disruptive potential of early stage companies to help our clients improve operations and grow their businesses through new solutions.”
The three companies named today comprise the second module of MCVS. Companies selected in the first module were Sunfolding (redesigned solar axis trackers), Zero Mass Water, Inc. (producing water from sunlight and air) and Hangar, Inc. (software platform for drone inspection). MCVS will complete its final module by selecting three final companies which will be announced in the first quarter of 2019.
Macquarie media inquiries
Macquarie Group Corporate Communications