Macquarie Semiconductor and Technology on behalf of Macquarie Electronics USA Inc.
Date of Manufacture:
Currently Configured for: To be determined
Current Equipment Status: Available
Asset HDD not included
Location of Equipment: United States
Available date: Currently Available
WET PROCESSING SYSTEM
Including DHF5600 Mainframe, Load buffer, Unload buffer, Pump & Chiller, Power System
Inspect to confirm configuration and condition.
The SILEX II 12000 was specially designed for larger production volumes. With this mass production system about 550 MW annual capacity are possible for Heterojunction cell manufacturing. The SILEX II 8000 system achieves an output of up to 8,000 wph. The SILEX II 4000 system with a reduced batch size will cover a tool capacity of up to 4,000 wph for smaller volume production. All SILEX II systems are running with very low scrap rates down to 0.01 % and a high process yield.
SILEX II Batch Wet Processing Equipment
The SILEX II ALTEX machine is designed to apply IPA-free texturing processes, offering substantial cost advantages compared to traditional etching systems. This texturing process can be adjusted to the individual requirements of standard and advanced cell technologies.
The SILEX II CLEANTEX combines common etching and cleaning steps of monocrystalline Si with advanced cleaning and conditioning processes. Efficient cleaning steps are an indispensable requirement to improve cell efficiencies and reduce operation costs. Ozone-based cleaning operations, applied on SILEX II wet bench, combine efficient organic and metal removal with an appropriate surface conditioning. Due to low chemical costs and consumption, simple process control and high metal removal efficiency, ozonized cleaning baths are the perfect substitute for traditional, expensive multi-step RCA cleanings, known from the solar and semiconductor industry.
The SILEX II CLEAN is provided to run dedicated cleaning sequences for pre- or post-deposition processes. Depending on cell process flow and requirement the configuration can be designed individually, involving RCA or Ozone based cleanings as well as slight etching steps.
• High throughput performance up to 550 MW annual production
• High uptime up to 95 %
• Low breakage rate down to 0.01 %
• Wafer thickness down to 120 µm (wafer size M6) (‹120 µm on request)
• Individual, flexible process sequencing
• Onboard scheduler software for throughput tuning
• Onboard performance analyzer software
• Ozone-enhanced cleaning and etching processes
• Short and stable IPA-free texturing process
• Appropriate and effective rinsing and drying
The core of the current and future batch process applications is the alkaline texturing process of mono-crystalline silicon, generating pyramidal-etched surfaces with optimal light trapping, passivation and contacting properties.
State-of-the-Art Texturing Additive
• Commercially available, worldwide supported
• Multiple pyramid size tuning options
• Short and robust etching process with large process window and close uniformity range
• Stable composition with long bath lifetime
• Non-hazardous, non-flammable, non-dangerous
• Readily biodegradable
Ozone is one of the most powerful oxidizing agents. Effective Ozone-gas injection, low chemical
concentrations and ambient process temperatures guarantee stable and highly effective process sequences for oxidation, cleaning and etching.
• Reduced CoO cost saving effect vs. RCA cleaning (high chemical cost)
• Higher minority carrier lifetime (combined Si etch-back and advanced cleaning)
• Smaller machine footprint (reduced number of process tanks)
• Improved surface passivation
• Environmentally friendly process
The information referenced on this page is accurate to the best of our knowledge. We do not warrant the completeness or accuracy of the information contained herein. Interested parties are encouraged to request inspection to verify equipment condition, configuration, and completeness. Any offer to purchase equipment shall be subject to our standard terms and conditions of sale.
Get in touch
Ask about our equipment solutions, ranging from Macquarie equipment inventory sales, sourcing programs, surplus disposition options, and direct equipment purchases.