At Macquarie, we want our employees to have the tools and opportunities to build diverse and exciting careers that adapt and reflect the changes in their personal lives. We support our employees through their parental leave with market-leading benefits enabling them to successfully transition to life as a working parent on their return.
Our parental leave policies include:
- Up to 52 weeks maternity leave, adoption leave and fostering for adoption leave, regardless of length of service;
- Potential for full pay up to 26 weeks;
- Shared parental leave;
- Continuation of all employee benefits, with the opportunity to flex-up whilst out on leave to respond to changing family arrangements,
- Time off for antenatal care;
- Paid paternity leave;
- Unpaid parental leave;
- Up to 10 paid ‘keeping in touch days’ for those on maternity leave, adoption leave, fostering for adoption leave and shared parental leave;
- Maintaining all benefits if participating in shared parental leave with your partner – either at the same time or separately.
On return from parental leave, our employees can benefit from:
- Our innovative ‘phased return’ policy where returning parents can work 3 days a week for the first four weeks on full time pay to enable them to phase back into the workplace;
- 1:1 parental transitional coaching - usable before, during or up to 12 months after return to work to support employees in planning their new routine and next steps in their career;
- Access to free emergency back-up care through My Family Care;
- An opportunity to discuss flexible working requirements with your line manager, and;
- Our internal parents and carers’ network, as well as a number of external affiliations with specialist companies.