At Macquarie, we want our employees to have the tools and opportunities to build diverse and exciting careers that adapt to, and reflect, the changes in their personal lives. We support our employees through their parental leave with benefits enabling them to successfully transition to life as a working parent on their return.
Our parental leave provisions include birth and adoption-related leave, and also recognise same-sex relationships. Subject to eligibility requirements, benefits include:
- 16 weeks Parental Payment (in addition to government parental payments)
- 12 months unpaid leave, with the option to request up to a further 12 months
- Access to the Parental Payment and unpaid leave by non-birth primary carers for up to 24 months from birth/adoption
- 10 days paid non-primary carer’s leave
- 2 days unpaid pre-adoption leave
- 10 paid ‘keeping in touch days’ if you would like to maintain a level of contact with Macquarie while on parental leave
- Special maternity leave for female employees who are not fit for work.
On return from parental leave, our employees can benefit from:
- 1:1 parental transition coaching – usable before, during or up to 12 months after return to work to support employees in planning next steps in their career
- Parent facilities, with amenities for nursing mothers and flexibility to use these facilities as required
- Our internal Family and Carers’ employee network group - dedicated to raising awareness of the support available for our people with family and carer responsibilities
- Care for Kids website – an online resource to assist parents in finding child care facilities, including a comprehensive library of how-to guides, checklists and articles relating to child care
- Child care facilities – Macquarie has relationships at two child care centres in Sydney’s CBD that offer priority access to permanent employees
- Employee Assistance Program – access to confidential and professional counselling services, which continues while on parental leave.