At Macquarie, we want our employees to have the tools and opportunities to build diverse and exciting careers that adapt and reflect the changes in their personal lives. We support our employees through their parental leave with market-leading benefits enabling them to successfully transition to life as a working parent on their return.
Our parental leave policies include:
- Up to 52 weeks Primary Carer’s leave;
- Potential for full pay up to 26 weeks for both parents;
- 4 weeks paid Secondary Carer’s leave (with up to 26 weeks in total if your partner returns to work and you become the primary carer);
- Continuation of employee benefits, with the opportunity to amend benefits whilst out on leave to respond to changing family arrangements,
- Time off for antenatal care;
- Unpaid parental leave; and
- Up to 10 paid ‘keeping in touch days’ for those on Primary Carer’s leave and Statutory Shared Parental leave.
On return from parental leave, our employees can benefit from:
- Our innovative ‘phased return’ policy where returning parents can work 3 days a week for the first four weeks on full time pay to enable them to phase back into the workplace;
- 1:1 parental transitional coaching - usable before, during or up to 12 months after return to work to support employees in planning their new routine and next steps in their career;
- Access to Macquarie paid emergency back-up care through My Family Care (UK only);
- An opportunity to discuss flexible working requirements with your line manager; and
- Our internal parents and carers’ network, as well as a number of external affiliations with specialist companies.