At Macquarie, we want our employees to have the tools and opportunities to build diverse and exciting careers that adapt and reflect the changes in their personal lives. We support our employees through their parental leave with benefits enabling them to successfully transition to life as a working parent on their return.
Our parental leave policies include:
- Up to sixteen (16) weeks of paid leave following the birth, adoption, or foster care placement of a child for the primary caregiver after six (6) months of service;
- Up to six (6) weeks of paid leave following the birth, adoption or foster care placement of a child for the non-primary caregiver after six (6) months of service;
- Shared parental leave of sixteen (16) weeks for the primary caregiver and six (6) weeks for the non-primary caregiver, if both parents are employed by Macquarie. If both parents will act as primary caregivers, then the total 16 week sum of primary caregiver leave will be shared between the two parents, and will not be at any time taken simultaneously
- Continuation of all employee benefits,
- Maintaining all benefits if participating in shared parental leave with your partner – either at the same time or separately.
On return from parental leave, our employees can benefit from:
- Parent facilities, with amenities for nursing mothers and flexibility to use these facilities as required
- Access to twenty-five (25) days of subsidized back-up care arrangements through the Back-Up Care Advantage Program; An additional ten (10) days of subsidized back-up care in the 18 months following the birth or adoption of a child as part of the InfantTransition Program;
- Family resources through the Bright Horizons CareDirect Program, including preferred enrollment at care centers, care providers, tutoring and test prep providers;
- Staff Supporting Staff mentoring program for staff who are parents or family carers;
- An opportunity to discuss flexible working requirements with your line manager, and;
- Our internal families (and carers) network, as well as a number of external affiliations with specialist companies.