Uncovering new opportunities in Asia
What the Macquarie Asia New Stars No.1 Fund Offers
Access to Asia
Exposure to some of the world’s fastest growing economies
Risk managed approach
Focus on corporate governance and disciplined investment criteria
Proven track record
Strong long-term performance produced by a stable Asia-based investment team
About the Macquarie Asia New Stars No.1 Fund
Macquarie is one of Australia’s largest equities managers with over 30 years of experience managing portfolios. Our multilingual, Asian-based team applies disciplined investment criteria when selecting stocks. It also has a strong corporate governance and risk management focus.
In 2014, Macquarie was recognised as Global Equities (Regional and Emerging Markets) Money Management/Lonsec Fund Manager of the Year for the Macquarie Asia New Stars No.1 Fund.
The Macquarie Asia New Stars No.1 Fund aims to capture the potential capital growth of small and mid-sized companies in Asia (excluding Japan), and to provide some income.
The fund provides exposure to an actively managed portfolio of Asian equities. All securities are listed, or expected to be listed, on Asian exchanges, excluding Japan. The fund may also provide exposure to:
- equities that derive or are expected to derive a significant portion of their revenue from Asia, excluding Japan, listed on exchanges in the US and the UK
- derivatives (including options, futures, warrants and forwards), and
The portfolio is actively managed using a combination of quantitative screening and an intensive fundamental research process.
How the Macquarie Asia New Stars No.1 Fund works
The investment team aims to build a diversified portfolio of small and mid-sized companies by exploiting key inefficiencies in Asia (ex Japan) markets.
Our investment team uses quantitative screening followed by in-depth fundamental research to identify companies that:
- rank highly on our quantitative screens
- appear undervalued over the medium term
- are leaders in attractive industries with a competitive advantage, and
- are able to demonstrate strong management and corporate governance.
The in-depth fundamental research includes continuous interaction with company management, customers, competitors and suppliers. The investment team also has a well-developed risk management system and a disciplined investment approach, which includes trying to attend at least 400 direct company meetings each year.
Asian Listed Equities – team changes
13 July 2018
While maintaining the investment philosophy and process that has successfully served our clients for a decade, our Asian Listed Equities team is evolving from a Co-Head business structure to a single Head role. This means that after ten years at Macquarie Sam Le Cornu, Co-Head of Asian Listed Equities, will depart the firm. Current Co-Head and Founder, John Bugg, will take sole responsibility for the business.
For more information please contact your financial adviser.
Why choose Macquarie?
- Quality service
- Our service is informed, friendly, professional and reliable.
- A better way to build your wealth
- Specialist investment experts to help build your wealth.
- More opportunities
- We're committed to bringing you world class investment strategies to help you build and manage your wealth.