Combining investment intuition with rigorous quantitative research
What the Arrowstreet Global Equity Fund offers
Broad global exposure
To developed and emerging market equities
Quantitative Investment approach
Based on fundamental investment principles
Potential for higher long-term returns, while controlling risk
Benchmark-aware strategy with the potential for higher long-term returns, while avoiding long-term style biases
About the Arrowstreet Global Equity Fund
Arrowstreet Capital, Limited Partnership (Arrowstreet) is based in Boston, Massachusetts. It was founded in June 1999 and is wholly-owned by its senior management and non-executive directors.
The Arrowstreet Global Equity Fund aims to achieve a long-term total return (before fees and expenses) that exceeds the MSCI All Country World ex Australia Index, in $A unhedged with net dividends reinvested (Benchmark).
Arrowstreet uses an active, quantitative investment approach. It looks to consistently outperform the benchmark through varying market conditions. Arrowstreet's quantitative models examine both information and behaviour to identify attractive stocks from around the world.
Arrowstreet then uses forecasting models and the judgement of its investment team to combine its rigorous quantitive research with investment intuition.
How the Arrowstreet Global Equity Fund works
Arrowstreet combines investment intuition with rigorous quantitative research in an effort to identify attractive stocks around the world. Arrowstreet forecasts individual stock returns using the experience and judgement of its investment team with quantitative analysis. In constructing the final portfolio, Arrowstreet uses an optimisation process to balance the trade-off between a stock’s expected return, its contribution to portfolio risks and its trading costs.
You can also choose to invest in a hedged version of the fund. Macquarie will use currency hedging to reduce the fund's exposure to foreign currency movements.
Awards and recognition
The Fund has been recognised for excellence, receiving a number of industry awards.
- Winner – Best International Share Fund – Money magazine Best of the Best Awards 2017
- Winner – Best International Share Fund – Money magazine Best of the Best Awards 2016
- Winner – Best Global Equities Fund (Broad Cap) – Lonsec/Money Management Fund Manager of the Year Awards 2015
- Winner – Best Global Equities Fund (Broad Cap) – Lonsec/Money Management Fund Manager of the Year Awards 2014
- Winner – Best International Equities (Global Category) – Professional Planner/Zenith Fund Awards 20141
- Winner – International Large Cap Fund of the Year – Smart Investor Blue Ribbon Awards 2014.
Why choose Macquarie?
- Quality service
- Our service is informed, friendly, professional and reliable.
- A better way to build your wealth
- Specialist investment experts to help build your wealth.
- More opportunities
- We're committed to bringing you world class investment strategies to help you build and manage your wealth.