Buying your first home is straightforward once you understand the application process.
To speak to one of our banking specialists about the process, call 13 62 27. They will also be able to help you navigate through the features and options available, so that you can choose which of our award-winning home loans is right for you.
Step 1: Be approved as a buyer
- Call our dedicated banking specialists on 13 62 27
- Macquarie will assess your application, perform a credit check and verify your documents
- If approved, Macquarie will issue you a conditional pre-approval and let you know of any issues that will need to be resolved before unconditional loan approval can be given.
Step 2: Be approved for the property
- Let Macquarie know when you have selected a property, and we will organise a valuation.
- If the valuation is close to your proposed purchase price, and you confirm contracts have been exchanged, Macquarie will send your formal loan approval and letter of offer. Final loan documentation is sent to you electronically.
- You will need to take out insurance to protect your home, contents and income. We can arrange an obligation-free quote1 for you during the home loan application process.
- At settlement, which usually occurs 4-6 weeks after you exchanged contracts with the vendor (seller), the money is paid to the vendor and the property is transferred to you. You are now a home owner.
We're here to help
There is no application fee when you apply for a home loan from Macquarie. Throughout the application process, your banking specialists will keep you up-to-date on the progress of your loan.