A choice of SIV complying investments
Please note this information is only relevant to people who have submitted their Visa applications prior to 24 April 2015.
What Macquarie SIV Fund offers
A suite of funds to choose from based on different investor risk profiles and return objectives
Daily liquidity allows investors to unwind at anytime from 5 of the 6 available funds1
May be achieved via a single investment
About Macquarie SIV Funds
The Significant Investor Visa program
The Australian Government’s Significant Investor Visa (SIV) program offers a concessional opportunity for high net worth (HNW) investors who wish to migrate to Australia.
The legislation enables HNW investors to apply for a permanent residency in Australia by investing A$5 million into investments that meet the SIV guidelines, with successful applicants granted a number of concessions.
As part of the SIV program, applicants must invest a total A$5 million for at least 4 years into complying investments, which include:
- Commonwealth, state or territory government bonds
- ASIC-regulated managed funds with a mandate for investing in specified Australian assets
- direct investment into Australian proprietary companies.
Macquarie's SIV-compliant funds
The Macquarie Significant Investor Visa Funds offer investors who wish to migrate to Australia access to complying investments from Australia's largest global asset manager.2
Macquarie has 6 SIV-compliant funds that invest across a diverse range of Australian-based asset classes to cater for a wide range of investor return objectives and risk profiles. They are:
- MSI Cash Trust
- Macquarie SIV Cash Fund
- Macquarie SIV Conservative Fund
- Macquarie SIV Balanced Fund
- Macquarie SIV Growth Fund
- Macquarie SIV Government Bond Fund
Customise the investment - optional features
Additional, optional features give investors flexibility and choice to customise their exposure to the SIV funds to meet their individual needs.
The features include:
- Risk management. This feature enables investors to protect up to 100% of the value of their investment in an SIV fund.
- Borrowing. The loan facility enables investors to borrow up to 100% against the value of the fund investment amount for other investment or business opportunites in Australia (other than investment in residential property).3
How SIV Funds work
The Macquarie SIV Funds offer investors choice between six complying investments and the benefit of investing with Australia's largest global asset manager.2
They provide access to a range of Australian-based asset classes, including cash, fixed interest, listed property equities and Government Bonds.
The funds cater for different investor risk/return profiles by allocating different weights to some or all of the various asset classes.
The funds aim to track the following reference index for the relevant asset class:
|Overnight cash||RBA Overnight Cash Rate|
|30 day cash||30 day Bank Bill Swap Rate|
|Fixed interest||DBIQ 0 – 5 YEAR Australian Semi-Government Bond Index|
|Listed property||S&P/ASX 200 A-REIT Index|
|Equities||S&P/ASX 200 Index|
|Australian Govt Bonds||Australian Commonwealth, State or Territory Government Bonds|