Enhanced income potential
What Macquarie Apex Notes offers
Potential to earn an enhanced income yield
Available for self managed super funds (SMSFs)
Choose from a range of coupons types and reference assets
About Macquarie Apex Notes
How Macquarie Apex Notes work
Macquarie Apex Notes provide you with the opportunity to generate an income yield greater than that offered by 'traditional' low risk investment products.
Each Macquarie Apex Note is an unsecured obligation that provides derivative exposure to the performance of one or more underlying assets.
Choice of underlying assets
Apex Notes are available over a wide range of listed domestic and international securities, listed and unlisted managed funds and indicies.
Depending on the relevant offer, your individual needs, market outlook and your appetite for risk, you have the opportunity to choose from:
- one or more assets across a range of asset classes
- different coupon types and potential yields
- a wide range of investment terms.
When might you consider an Apex Note?
Generally, by investing in a Note, you may be able to generate a higher investment return than that available in other asset classes. This may be the case where interest rates are low, or where you expect equity prices will remain generally stable, or will only generate modest gains.
Macquarie Apex Notes may be suitable for sophisticated investors, including SMSFs*, who:
- have conviction on the outlook of the asset(s) that the performance of their Note is linked to
- are willing to risk losing some or all of their investment amount in return for the potential to receive higher returns than that generally available in relation to 'traditional', low risk investments
- are experienced in investing in derivatives.
* Subject to the obligation of the trustees of SMSFs to formulate and implement an appropriate investment strategy that has regard to the whole of the circumstances of their fund and to act in the best interests of members of the fund.