Thursday 04 August 2016
What you need to know about client communications
Thursday 04 August 2016
Your communication skills are a critical factor in achieving client satisfaction
Receiving valuable financial advice is the basic expectation of most clients; it’s the personal impressions that determine whether you have a client for a month or for life, according to Macquarie research.1
So how can you manage your clients’ perceptions of you in these areas?
Effective client communications
Share Macquarie insights with your clients on a regular basis. Our content can be reused, rebranded or simply emailed to your clients. Incorporating this content into regular touchpoints for your clients is a highly effective way of staying in contact and educating them on a wide variety of financial advice topics. “Show don’t tell” is always a more effective marketing technique, and if you can personalise that advice by relating it to a client’s specific life stage, you can expect even better results. For instance:
- How an adviser can help during a divorce is a useful guide explaining why engaging with an adviser in the early stages of a divorce can help them protect their financial future.
- 12 scams you should be aware of outlines how easy it is to be targeted by fraud, with useful tips on how to avoid becoming a victim – something every client should be aware of.
- Financing your children’s education presents the clear facts about the cost of private education with tips on how to meet the fees
Building your professional knowledge
Our Smart Practice expertise section is updated weekly with useful tips and guides. Recent examples include:
- The high cost of fraud - an infographic with some scary statistics on how much Australian businesses lose each year
- 5 simple tips to help win over price sensitive clients
- Advice fees: what are the options and where are we headed?
Macquarie’s dedicated technical team regularly provides updates in superannuation, taxation and other financial planning related areas.
Remember, if you have a clear understanding of your clients’ needs, then you’re more likely to have happy clients and a healthy business.
Unless stated otherwise, this information has been prepared by Macquarie Bank Limited ABN 46 008 583 542 AFSL and Australian Credit Licence 237502 and does not take into account your client’s objectives, financial situation or needs.
This information is provided for the use of licensed and accredited brokers and financial advisers only. In no circumstances is it to be used by a potential client for the purposes of making a decision about a financial product or class of products.