Financial Management Group
Our Financial Management Group delivers finance, tax, and treasury services across Macquarie, as well as handling corporate communications and investor relations.
- provides strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management
- manages Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position
- ensures Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations
- actively engages with investors, governments, media, and the wider community to maximise their understanding of Macquarie
- enables Macquarie to understand the expectations of our key stakeholders.
Working in our Finance team, you could be:
- analysing financial performance to deliver valuable business insights
- reviewing, challenging and reporting on financial results, and ensuring compliance with reporting standards
- preparing forecasts for management to support strategic decision making
- engaging with stakeholders to determine data requirements for new products and deals.
Working in our Group Treasury team, you could be:
- raising diversified and cost effective funding and capital
- providing accurate pricing of funding and capital to support optimal business decisions
- helping to manage balance sheet risk
- assisting the business in pursuing new opportunities.
Sydney: 2 years, 3x 4month rotations in first year before being allocated a team for the second year
Allocated to a team from November to February
What our graduates and interns have helped achieve
Helps execute on key strategic initiatives, including buying, selling, starting and restructuring businesses and manages the financial and regulatory reporting of entities in over 27 countries globally
Ensures our businesses have access to capital and funding across a number of global markets, managing relationships with over 1000 debt investors and banks globally
Maintained Macquarie’s ‘A’ credit rating for over 20 years and a funded balance sheet of over $A130b
The teams highlighted in green denote that we have a Graduate position available in 2020. Please select the team for more information or to apply.
Our Finance division provides financial management and control, management reporting and forecasting, regulatory and tax reporting and business advisory services across Macquarie. Accountancy graduates in our finance division are supported by Macquarie to complete their Chartered Accountant qualifications.
- Group Treasury
Our Group Treasury division is responsible for managing the funding, capital and liquidity position of Macquarie. Their key objective is to ensure Macquarie’s business units have the resources they need to meet their ongoing commercial and operational requirements.
- Corporate Communications and Investor Relations
The Corporate Communications and Investor Relations team actively engages with shareholders, debt investors, investment analysts, governments, media, staff and the wider community to maximise their understanding of Macquarie and to enable us to understand the expectations of our key stakeholders.
- Group Development and Analysis
Our Group Development and Analysis team is responsible for supporting decision making and resource allocation across Macquarie. The team works with our business units to make and execute key strategic decisions (such as acquisitions, divestments, alliances and the creation of new businesses), as well as ongoing monitoring and analysing of operational performance.
The Tax division manages tax risk across Macquarie and supports our operating groups globally. The division’s main role is to provide advisory services and technical support so that we meet our tax compliance obligations. Support is provided to various areas across Macquarie, including new business and product proposals as well as central tax matters, such as liquidations, dividends and recapitalisation.
- Financial Management