Risk Management Group
Our Risk Management Group works closely with all Macquarie’s businesses and the Board to advise on navigating new opportunities and emerging risks, provide independent sign-off on all material risk acceptance decisions, and continue to embed a strong risk culture and behaviours.
Working in our Risk Management Group, you could be:
- assisting businesses with the definition and implementation of appropriate remediation actions, reviewing specific transactions, new products or businesses, identifying and escalating potential conflicts of interest and advising on the application of laws, regulations and policies
- having exposure to the day-to-day relationships with Macquarie’s regulators, including regulatory enquiries
- supporting senior management with timely and effective escalation and reporting of significant compliance risk issues
- involved in the deal approval process and summarising key issues across all areas to present to senior Macquarie management
- gaining exposure to capital markets, funds, retail banking businesses and the central service function
- monitoring daily risk exposures for trading desks and reporting to senior management.
1 year, allocated to a team from August
Allocated to a team from June to August
Assisted Macquarie in the management of approximately $A101b of risks on balance sheet in FY18, as well as off-balance sheet risks
Interactions with 200+ regulators globally
Opportunities in the Risk Management Group
We currently have the following opportunities within our business:
Meet our team
Charlotte Whiteley, Risk Management Group - Compliance
“Starting my career at Macquarie, particularly in the Risk Management Group, has given me a wider view across the Macquarie spectrum than I thought possible. Compliance rotations have allowed me to gain insights not only into the Central Compliance functions, including combatting financial crime but also working alongside a variety of businesses from infrastructure funds to trading floors.
Whether it be training people on preventing market abuse, advising on launch documents for a new fund or assigning a risk rating to new clients, the high level of responsibility and variety that Macquarie has provided to me, even as a graduate, will put me in great stead for the rest of my career.”