Macquarie Group (“Macquarie”) (ASX: MQG; ADR: MQBKY) today announced a range of senior leadership appointments together with 14 recent senior additions to its US equity sales and sales trading team in New York and Boston in an enhancement of its US institutional equities business. Joining Macquarie Securities Group, they have an average of more than 15 years’ experience drawn from highly regarded firms.
“These senior appointments provide additional experience and dimension to our leadership team. We continue to make a deliberate effort to recruit outstanding industry-recognized individuals with deep product and market experience. The collective expertise, top-tier client relationships and product knowledge of our new hires will better deliver Macquarie’s research content and trading capabilities to new and existing clients. They join a talented team of professionals and strengthen the overall reach and execution capability of our institutional equities business,” said Ken Savio, Senior Managing Director and US Head of Macquarie Securities.
Michael Cornette has been appointed Managing Director and Head of US Trading. With more than 20 years experience in equities trading, he joins from Bank of America Merrill Lynch. He was previously Co-Head of Cash Trading at Bear Stearns. Robert DeRosa joins as Managing Director and Co-Head of US Sales Trading. He was previously an executive director at JP Morgan and a managing director at Bear Stearns prior to it being acquired. He has also worked in sales trading at Oppenheimer and CIBC, and has more than 20 years of industry experience. Nicholas Struk joins as a Managing Director and Co-Head of US Sales Trading. He was previously an executive director at UBS. Prior to that, he was a senior managing director at Bear Stearns, holding senior equities sales trading roles at both firms.
These senior appointments will have management responsibility for Macquarie’s US sales trading and trading teams located in New York, Boston and San Francisco. Further appointments include:
US sales trading
- Stephen Sibilia joined as a Managing Director. With experience covering mutual, hedge and pension fund clients across multiple product lines, he has held senior roles at Jefferies and Sanford C. Bernstein. He was also formerly a Vice President in institutional equity sales at Goldman Sachs.
- Jon Jensen joined as a Managing Director based in Boston. He was previously at FBR Capital Markets where he was Co-Head of Trading and held senior positions at Bear Stearns, Dresdner Wasserstein and Natwest Securities.
- Mark Corcoran joined as a Managing Director. He was most recently a director at Lazard Capital Markets. He was a senior managing director at Bear Stearns and has previously worked at Lehman Brothers and ING.
- John Curley joined as a Senior Vice President. He was previously an institutional equities sales trader at RBC Capital Markets and before that, Merrill Lynch, holding director-level roles at both firms.
- Brad Hoenig joined as a Senior Vice President. He was most recently at RBC Capital Markets where he was a director and institutional equities sales trader and was previously a senior vice president at Lehman Brothers.
- Allen Jordan joined as a Senior Vice President. He was most recently at Rochdale Securities and has a long-standing network of senior level relationships throughout the industry.
- Tarik Turner joined as a Vice President. He was previously a director of sales trading at equities securities firm Ticonderoga Securities. He was a senior vice president at Friedman Billings Ramsey and has previously worked at Bear Stearns.
US equity sales
- Khristina McLaughlin joined as a Managing Director. She was most recently at WJB Capital, where she was a director of institutional equity sales. She previously worked at Goldman Sachs where she was responsible for a number of top-tier institutional equity sales accounts.
- Alexander Martin joined as a Managing Director. He joins from Avondale Partners, where he was a director of institutional equity sales. He has previously worked at Ferris, Baker Watts, and Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette.
- Tad Nacheff joined as a Senior Vice President. He was previously at FBR Capital Markets and had been a partner at ThinkEquity, the boutique investment bank. He has also held equity sales roles at Goldman Sachs and Lehman Brothers.
- Jim Isenthol joined the firm as a Senior Vice President. He was most recently a director at Soleil Securities, where he was a director of institutional equities. He previously worked as a wealth management advisor at Merrill Lynch.
Macquarie Securities Group has more than 300 sales professionals covering more than 3,000 clients globally. The firm has more than 350 equity research professionals covering approximately 2,250 stocks around the world.