Macquarie has dedicated professionals working in corporate advisory in Asia. We have a presence in most major centres including Bangkok, Beijing, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Manila, Mumbai, Kuala Lumpur, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Taipei and Tokyo. Our activities include:
- advising on, managing and underwriting a full range of equity capital market products including initial public offerings, rights issues, selldowns, placements, buybacks and hybrid securities
- originating and advising on large asset financings. Key areas of expertise include project and infrastructure finance transactions, cross-border leasing and structured finance
- providing strategic advice to corporate and public sector clients on takeovers, mergers and acquisitions, divestments, privatisations and corporate restructuring
- real estate funds management (through subsidiaries), development finance, advisory, research, global private equity raising, asset disposal strategies and property securitization
Selective transactions in Mumbai include:
- Exclusive financial adviser to Axis Bank on its US$460 million acquisition of the investment banking, securities and related businesses of Enam Securities in November 2010.
- Takeover defence adviser to RHC Healthcare (affiliate of Fortis Healthcare), on its US$2.5 billion voluntary conditional general offer for Parkway Holdings Limited, one of the largest healthcare M&A deals in Asia in 2010.
- Financial adviser to Altai Investment Ltd (affiliate of Fortis Healthcare), on its US$195 million acquisition of the Quality Healthcare Medical Services business, and Quality Healthcare Services business from Quality Healthcare Asia Limited, the largest private integrated healthcare service platform in Hong Kong in 2010.
- Exclusive financial adviser to Macquarie SBI Infrastructure Fund in its US$304m investment in Viom Networks Limited, a premier telecom tower operator promoted by the Tata Group and Quippo Telecom Infrastructure Ltd in 2010.
- Exclusive financial adviser to Tata Power for its US$1.1 billion acquisition of strategic equity stakes in PT Bumi Resources' coal producing subsidiaries through global competitive bidding in 2007.
- Joint Global Coordinator and Bookrunner for Housing Development and Infrastructure Limited's US$350m secondary share placement in July 2009.
- Lead manager for US$500 million convertible bond restructuring for Suzlon in 2009/10.
- Joint book running lead manager for GVK Power and Infrastructure Limited's US$150 million share placement in 2009.
For more information about Macquarie Capital Advisers' services in India, please contact Gaurav Gupta, Head of Macquarie Capital India on (91 22) 4230 1260.